When the term sustainable office outfit is used in regard to buildings, there is no fixed definition for it but in most cases, it is known to be sensitive to things such as consumption of water, energy and resources. It also refers to conservation of the environment and takes some financial aspects. It is for this reason that when looking at the possibility of creating a sustainable office outfit, the following must come into play.
- The use of resources in an efficient manner which could be on local or global aspect.
- Minimization of waster.
- Focus on water and energy usage.
- Selecting products that guarantee that the environment is safeguarded as well as the health of the occupants.
In most cases, this works well when these principles get incorporated to the buildings from the design to construction phases but in the event this is not done, the next best alternative is to consider refurbishment. While doing this, there are several factors that need to come into play. In most cases these are a combination of engineering solutions, fit out designs, specifications and informed choices and for this reason, it is always considered ideal to rely on the services of a reputable company that is able to provide environment friendly solutions. There is a variety of building measures which have to be incorporated in the sustainable office outfit and they include the following.
- Overall energy usage: There are several ways through which this end can be met and they all include usage of innovative and energy efficient improvements. These might include shifting to more energy conserving items such as blade servers, power management software’s and lighting controls. With these, it becomes easier to save up to 40% on energy.
- Light energy: This might mean installing work stations in areas that offer natural sunlight. It also requires that the lighting system installation should have some daylight sensors. These come in handy in avoiding excessive energy usage. For instance task lightning also known as desk lamps have the capability of giving workers the opportunity to control the light in individual workplace.
- Furniture and office materials: When selecting these, it has to be done on the basis of safeguarding the environment. This means that they should have a low level of toxicity and they should also be recyclable. When it comes to paint and adhesives, they selection should also be based on their low volatile nature.
- Internal planting: They should have the capability of keeping pollution at a minimal level.
- Waste management: During construction and relocation, it is important to ensure that waste management is handled with a high level of effectiveness.
- Transport: The mode of transport used should be sustainable and this means encouraging workers to reduce the number of staff cars used in order to reduce the parking space.